Breakfast is available at several of our schools.
Breakfast consists of a selection of items that are offered daily, based on availability. Please note:
- Breakfast includes a selection of cold cereals, milk, muffins, bagels, juice, yogurt and fruit.
- Participating schools are Glastonbury High School, Smith Middle School, Gideon Welles, Naubuc Elementary, Nayaug Elementary, and the Glastonbury East Hartford Elementary Magnet School.
- A complete breakfast meal costs $1.50.
- A complete breakfast includes three of the selections offered and must include a fruit or vegetable. Please see below.
- All students eligible for the Free and Reduced Meals program receive breakfast at no charge.
A Complete Reimbursable Breakfast Meal**
Choose AT LEAST 3 of the 4 food items (fruit, milk, grains, meat/meat alternates).
For best nutrition, CHOOSE ALL FOUR!
**Meals must include a serving of fruit/vegetable.
• Fresh Whole Fruit
• Canned Fruit
• Fresh Cut-up Fruit
• 100% Fruit Juice (offered 2x/week)
• Fresh Vegetable
• Fat Free Chocolate
Grains & Meat/ Meat Alternates
Choose One OR Two
• Whole-Grain Cereal
• Whole-Grain Muffins
• Cheese Stick