Glastonbury Board of Education
Board Approves Next Year's Budget
At their January 9, 2020 meeting, the Board of Education voted to adopt a $112,313,089 education budget for the 2020-2021 school year. This is an increase of 3.3% to the current operating budget.
Board members reduced Superintendent Bookman's proposed budget by $300,000 in areas that included supplies for art, basic and secondary education, and libraries, as well as staff training, equipment, and fringe benefits.
The Board of Education and Superintendent of Schools will present this budget during the Annual Town meeting on January 28, 2020 at 7 pm at Town Hall Town Council Chambers. The Board of Education will then meet with the Board of Finance and the Town Council to discuss the education budget. The Town Council will vote on the final budget later in March.
Board of Education 2020-2021 Budget Documents/Presentations (Next Year)
Budget documents will be added here as they become public.
Budget Development Process
- Administrators/program managers develop staff requests
- Staff requests and justifications complied by Central Operations staff
- Reviewed by superintendent
- Administrators/program managers budget request discussions with Superintendent
October - November
- Superintendent and staff review and budget information
- Central Operations prepares budget information for Superintendent's Proposed Budget document
- Distribute Superintendent's Proposed Budget
- Superintendent's Proposed Budget reviewed by Board of Education members
- Board of Education holds public workshops
- Board of Education makes recommendations on budget changes
- Completion of Board of Education budget changes
- Approval of Board of Education budget
- Preparation of budget document for presentation to the Town
- Annual Town Meeting/Presentation of Town and Education Budget
- Respond to Town Council and Board of Finance questions
- Town Council Meeting/Approval of Town and Education Budgets