Physical Exam & Immunization Requirements
Physical exams are required at three times during a student's years in the Glastonbury Public School system. Completed health forms should be submitted to the school health office.
- Students entering Kindergarten—We accept any physical completed within one year prior to the start of kindergarten.
- Prior to entering 7th grade—We accept any physical completed after the end of 4th grade [June 30th] and up to the beginning of 7th grade. Any student who is not in compliance with this state mandate will be sent home.
- Prior to entering 11th grade—We accept any physical completed after the end of 8th grade [June 30th] and up to the beginning of 11th grade. Any student who is not in compliance with this state mandate will not receive their schedule over the summer for their junior school year.
- Coming from a school within Connecticut—We accept a copy of the most recent physical examination.
- Coming from a different state or country—We accept a copy of a physical exam dated within 1 year prior to entry into the Glastonbury School district. The exam must be completed by a U.S. physician.
The State of Connecticut Health Assessment Record form includes a detailed description of all immunization requirements for newly enrolled students at Connecticut Schools. You may also click here for a grade by grade listing of immunization requirements provided by the State Department of Public Health.
For a copy of the State of Connecticut Health Assessment Record form, please click here.
Please contact your school nurse with any questions or concerns.