The strategic planning process is vital to the district’s ongoing assessment and revision of current educational practices. The mission, goals, and indicators of success are revised every five years to ensure that the school system is responsive to changes in expected learning outcomes for our students. The planning process sets the course for action planning, allocation of resources, and shared understanding of expectations.
The planning process was completed in two phases. Phase One included an orientation, revision of the district mission statement, goal analysis, and goal prioritization. Phase Two involved the creation of planning frameworks to achieve the set goals.
The 2012-2018 plan includes major revisions that reflect changing expectations in learning, instruction, technology integration, 21st century skills, and post-secondary readiness. At the forefront of the plan, high expectation for student achievement continues as the primary district goal. As with previous generations, the new plan will drive all district and school initiatives over the next five years. The plan will serve to refine and extend the direction of our school system to guarantee our ongoing responsiveness and success in meeting the needs of all students.
The Glastonbury Public Schools, in partnership with the entire community, prepares and challenges every student to become a successful and productive member of our diverse and evolving global society. To fulfill this Mission, we believe we must:
- Set high expectations for all students.
- Ensure the acquisition of 21st century knowledge and skills.
- Promote personal, civic, and social responsibility.
- Provide a safe and supportive learning environment.
- Support and encourage professional learning for all staff.
- Foster parental and community-wide collaboration and communication.
- Make prudent decisions regarding financial resources.
- Promote High Achievement for All Students
- Ensure Support, Growth, and Accountability of All Staff
- Build a 21st Century Learning Environment
Click here to access the full Fourth Generation Strategic Plan.